Combining the flexibility and accuracy of the Leica ADS80-SH82 multispectral digital imaging sensor with the speed and power of Pixel Factory™ processing, Fugro EarthData delivers customers robust surface models and orthorectified imagery in a fraction of the time required using conventional film-based methods. Our ADS80-SH82/Pixel Factory digital imaging method supports a wide range of applications including infrastructure planning, public works, agricultural monitoring, natural resource management and engineering, disaster response, property assessment, national security, and coastal resources management.
- Increased flexibility. Expanding customer options and data affordability, available ADS80-SH82-derived products include DEMs and panchromatic (black-and-white), color, color-infrared orthoimagery, as well as individual spectral bands, all perfectly co-registered. Stereopairs of panchromatic, color, and color-infrared imagery are also available for later 3D planimetric and topographic data compilation.
- Superior image quality. Direct-to-digital acquisition eliminates the need for film development and scanning, and the artifacts associated with these processes. Additionally, the ADS80-SH82 produces extremely sharp and detailed imagery, resulting in more precise measurements of ground features; because color imagery requires no pan sharpening, the level of detail available from this "first generation product" is of the highest possible radiometric quality.
- Fast project turnaround. The highly automated Pixel Factory processing system delivers projects in half the time compared to traditional photogrammetric methods. What's more, our wholly owned assets and large production capacity enable flexible scheduling to meet customer needs for rapid data delivery.
- Rigorous quality control. All of Fugro EarthData's digital imaging acquisition and processing procedures are ISO9001:2008-certified. These standards help ensure that customers receive on-time, -time-right deliveries on digital mapping projects.
- Data acquisition. Fugro EarthData operates multiple Leica ADS80 airborne digital sensors outfitted with the second-generation SH-82 sensor heads for digital aerial imagery acquisition at pixel resolutions ranging from 5 cm to 2 m. Renowned for its superior horizontal accuracy and image quality, the ADS80-SH82 can collect data in panchromatic, red, green, blue, and near-infrared spectral bands in a single flight with all bands collected at the same equal native pixel resolution; therefore there is no "pan-sharpening" required to produce the color imagery. Airborne GPS and inertial measurement systems ensure precise data positioning during aerial missions.
- Data processing. Using our all-digital Pixel Factory™ image processing system, Fugro EarthData transforms the raw ADS80-SH82 aerial data into robust digital surface models and orthoimagery, complete with planimetric and topographic detail, as required. Orthoimagery is available in two formats, ground and true orthoimagery. By removing distortion and building lean, true orthoimagery offers customers seamless and unobstructed views of the ground, making it an ideal choice for highly urbanized areas. Both ground and true orthoimagery are developed using all available geometry from the ADS80-SH82 data, resulting in superior horizontal accuracy and quality.
- Applications. The highly accurate digital surface model, while serving to orthorectify each image, is also available for 3D visualization and line-of-site applications. Stereo pairs of the ADS80-SH82 imagery are used to compile 3D planimetric and topographic data, such as building footprints, transportation networks, hydrography, and breaklines of spot heights. A derived bare-earth digital terrain model (DTM), enhanced with 3D breaklines, supports topographic contour generation at intervals 30 cm and higher.
- Orthoimagery. Available at scales from 1:500 to 1:24,000 and pixel resolutions 5 cm and higher. orthoimagery is offered in two formats—ground orthoimagery and true orthoimagery. By removing distortion and building lean, true orthoimagery offers customers seamless and unobstructed views of the ground, making it an ideal choice for highly urbanized areas.
- Digital elevation models. Autocorrelated digital surface model (DSM) data serves to orthorectify each image and also is available for 3D visualization and line-of-site applications. A derived bare-earth digital elevation model (DEM) enhanced with 3D breaklines supports topographic contour generation.
- Contours. With supplemented breaklines, Fugro EarthData provides contours at 30 cm intervals and higher.
- Planimetric and topographic data. Stereo pairs of the ADS80-SH82 imagery are used in the compilation of 3D planimetric and topographic data, including building footprints, transportation networks, hydrography, and breaklines of spot heights.
- Land-use/land-cover and impervious surfaces data. Using photointerpretation and/or automated classification methods—including pixel-based and object-oriented classification—land-use/land-cover classification and impervious surface data can be derived from the ADS80-SH82 imagery.